Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarning Along...Out Back


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now?


I'm blogging from the back yard today, as it's gorgeous outside and this temperature shouldn't be missed.  We've had beautiful weather these last few days.
Not too hot, but warm enough that the tomatoes are happy and thriving. (Which is really all that matters...right?)

Things feel a little bit southern out here-Zeke is practicing the slide guitar, glasses are filled with iced tea, and a plate of piping hot fried zucchini is sitting in the middle our picnic blanket, cooling just enough that we can devour them comfortably.

I'm working on my Leftie, and I'm at that point where I get to play a little bit of *chicken* with whats left of my yarn. Is it enough to finish another repeat? Do i knit on, and risk running out and having to rip back? Or do i just rip back now to the end of the last repeat and kind off? I love this kind of dilemma, and it might be sad to admit, but it makes me as pleased as pie.

I just finished reading 'The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow', and i think i can sincerely say that its one of the best books that I've ever read. It reads like a real, heartfelt, deep and fascinating tale.

It was a book that didn't have me on the edge of my seat, but i still couldn't put it down.
Set in the Fifties, in New Orleans, the scenery alone was enough to keep me captivated. The actual story line was absolutely beautiful though, and the characters were believably human, peppered with flaw, love, and haunting remorse.


Its going to be difficult to find another book to follow in its footsteps, but the first few chapters of "The Beauty of Humanity Movement" by Camilla Gibb have shown a lot of promise! It's set in Vietnam, and loaded with sweet historic and cultural tidbits, which is right up my alley.

The Zucchini is cooled off now, off to get some before I miss out!

4 comments:

  1. Leftie is on my to-do list from a long time. Your version is so delicate - I love neutral color spiced up with vibrant panels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see this scarf complete I love the colours. Yours is gorgeous.
    Enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is beautiful. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are amazing! I know what you mean about playing chicken though--I do that regularly!

    ReplyDelete